Muths Grund (O16QR2)
After defortification in 1873, Muths Grund developed into one of the most inviting places for a stroll and was popular with the public. The new parkland complete with a fountain replacing the moat wasn’t the only attraction. A plot was bought by Albert Muth, who built a new restaurant with concert and banquet halls in fin-de-siècle style which was adored by visitors, not least because of its idyllic location. Overlooking the parkland, according to an advert written by Muth himself, the attractions included “magnificent grottoes and gardens, coloured arc lights, and a waterfall with electric lighting”.
In 1957, the restaurant was transformed into the ‘House of Creators’, which later gave way to the KTC Culture and Conference Centre. Following its demolition, it was replaced in 2016 by the Asisi Panorama, where for five years visitors will be able to travel back in time to 16th-century Wittenberg. Afterwards, residential development is planned on this site.