Corpus Christi Chapel (S05QR2)
Corpus Christi Chapel
Corpus Christi Chapel was founded in 1368 and served as a cemetery chapel. In 1526, the town council moved the cemetery outside the city for reasons of public health. The chapel was converted into a warehouse for ecclesiastical items which were no longer required. An intermediate ceiling was installed and the upper section was used for meetings by the heads of the church treasury. Outside, stalls adjoining the chapel building were erected in 1569 for the sale of pottery. During restoration work from 1845 to 1850, the chapel was largely returned to its late medieval condition. Nowadays it is used as a prayer room.