Colleg Wittenberg (OV7QR2)
In 1828, the town council opened a primary school here for girls and boys. Girls proceeded to vocational training here, too. The inscription ‘Institute of Instruction for Young Females’ dates back to this period. The adjacent brick building was erected on Töpferstrasse in 1875 and used as a guild school for male and female hairdressers from 1888. In 1914, it was expanded into a vocational college for trades and commercial occupations. When the college was relocated in 1931, the buildings were converted into housing and shops.
These days, Colleg Wittenberg contains classrooms and accommodation for groups of students from abroad visiting Lutherstadt Wittenberg.