Amselgrund / Melanchthon Grammar School (O15QR2)
After defortification began in 1873, the moat was turned into parkland and building work began on the glacis, the post office (1893) and Melanchthon Grammar School (1888) being followed by the first playground.
Despite backfilling the moat and raising the footpaths, the Ramparts were often waterlogged. For this reason, the decision was taken in 1908 to partly divert the streams underground. Even so, because the system of subterranean streams at the Ramparts is still connected to the Elbe, whenever the river level rises, the effects can still be seen on the Ramparts.